RE: Introduction

From: Mellard, David (dam7@cdc.gov)
Date: Tue Dec 30 1997 - 07:24:00 PST

Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 10:24:00 -0500
From: "Mellard, David" <dam7@cdc.gov>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Introduction

Hi Stefan,

>It is th first year that I keep Sarracenia flava. Is it normal that the
leaves die and dry completely in fall.

Yes, in my outdoor collection of Sarracenia here in Atlanta, S. flava
sends up phyllodia in middle to late summer, probably because of heat
stress. I've also seen phyllodia in summer in wild popultions so this
is a normal activity for S. flava. S. flava pitchers in my bogs
survived the summers and started dying in fall while the pitchers of
other Sarr species did just fine, other than wear and tare from the
weather and cunning insects.

>Must I be concerned about my S.flava

No

David