Book & Aquatic Ultirc.

From: M & M (behavior@nemesis.com.au)
Date: Mon Jan 05 1998 - 14:50:16 PST

Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 23:00:16 +10
From: M & M <behavior@nemesis.com.au>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Book & Aquatic Ultirc.

Hi, I have some aquatic Utricularia Australis and was wondering whether
anyone had ever put som shrimp brine (sea monkeys) into the aquarium as
a food substitute for the plants, and although I realise they probably
don't need substitute food , whether anyone knows how they would respond
to this.

I haven't had much luck with the plant to date (for the last month it
has been dying from the end back to the front. Although the front has
been growing the dying end has almost met the growing front. From
reading other recent posts
 I might try some pine needles in the water, none of the books seem to
 mention
water PH, but as some have had success with this I though I might give
it a go. Any other suggesstions?

Also, I am looking for the Nephenthes of Borneo Book in Australia, would
anyone know of any retailers here who might stock it? I have found it
in the states but thought it would probably be faster to get it from
somewhere here ofr direct from the publisher (I have also seen posts on
doing c/c transactions with the publisher, but couldn't find and direct
fax no. e-mail etc.... any help appreciated .)

Thanks & regards.

Mark - OZ.