California and plants

From: Derek Glidden (dglidden@illusionary.com)
Date: Tue Jan 06 1998 - 19:57:09 PST

Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 22:57:09 -0500 (EST)
From: Derek Glidden <dglidden@illusionary.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: California and plants

I have the chance to take a new job in California, which I like so much
better than Florida, but I was told just today that CA has a "No Plants
Come Into the State" policy and that all my CP would have to stay behind.
Well, I don't have a years'-old collection, but I'd still be pretty bummed
about having to get rid of all my plants and it would be a major factor in
my considering to move. Does anyone know anything more about this import
policy of CA, or if there is a way to get some kind of phytosanitary
certificate or something so I could bring my babies with me?

Derek Glidden http://www.illusionary.com
Illusionary.com Home of the Pagan Resource Site
   Web development, database, graphics and general plumbing
Linux, FreeBSD, Apache, MySQL, PostgreSQL, PHP (Say No to NT!)