Re: Nep Madagascariensis cultivation

From: BREWER_CHARLES@ecomail.damneck.navy.mil
Date: Fri Jan 16 1998 - 11:19:13 PST

Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 14:19:13 -0500
From: BREWER_CHARLES@ecomail.damneck.navy.mil
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Nep Madagascariensis cultivation

     Hi Folks,
 It starting to sound like some of the Madagascariensis growing kinks
 are
beginning to be worked out. Thanks to Cindy Saver and Steven Stewart,
both have offered us 'somewhat' similar growing tips and conditions. It
appears, from what has been posted recently, that "what" may be
considered good growing condition for these plants are: Dryer then
normal condition, well drained soil(airy mixture) average to high
humidity, warm temperatures, bright light with "some" full sun for
color, good air circulation and some preventative fungicide maintenance,
on occasions (optional of course). I would think that good air
circulation would limited the use of having to use a fungicide.
  This plant is starting to sound more and more like a good candidate
  for a
house plant. I think I might pick up a few more this weekend and try my
luck at turning them into a house plant. The big question now is to
figure out which one of my wife's house plants, I call weeds:), I want
to dump to make room for a beautiful N. Madagascarienses.
 In closing, I do not consider these growing tips to be 100% correct. I
 do
expect some challenges, comments and additions, but at least, it seems
like we are starting to learn more and more about their growing
conditions.
                    Charles Brewer Va. Beach, Va.