Re: Gel Electrophoresis of Nep

From: SCHLAUER@chemie.uni-wuerzburg.de
Date: Mon Jan 19 1998 - 15:09:49 PST

Date:          Mon, 19 Jan 1998 15:09:49
From: SCHLAUER@chemie.uni-wuerzburg.de
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject:       Re: Gel Electrophoresis of Nep

Dear Chris,

> Has anyone out there tried gel electrophoresis of Nepenthes,
> Droseraceae, Drosophyllum or know of published references to this?

Yes, cf. T.Lowrey, Am.J.Bot.78:200 (1991).

> I am
> doing an isozyme study of N. gracilis, N. ampullaria and N. rafflesiana and
> their hybrids and am having trouble getting good enzyme/buffer
> combinations. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What kind of extract are you working with? Which enzymes do you want
to investigate? Do you use antioxidants?

It frequently helps to add physiological concentrations of coenzymes
of the investigated enzymes to the extraction buffer.

Which detection methods do you (want to) apply? I suppose you use
cellulose electrophoresis for your isozyme analyses.

Kind regards
Jan