H. nutans problem

From: RSbra123 (RSbra123@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jan 21 1998 - 22:49:01 PST

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 01:49:01 EST
From: RSbra123 <RSbra123@aol.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: H. nutans problem

I have something growing(?) on some of the juvenile pitchers of my H. nutans.
It's a brown scum-looking coating that I've seen to a small extent since I've
had the plants, about 2 years now. It's getting worse on one plant. I've
tried spraying with Orthenex a few times and it *seemed* to help a little but
didn't stop it. I sprayed it once with Benomyl once with no effect.
I have photos of two plants at http://members.aol.com/RSbra123/cp.html .
If anyone can identify it I'd appreciate being told what it is and how to get
rid of it.
Or, what sort of laboratory could I bring it to for analysis?
Thanks.
Ron Sbragia