Superthrive - False advertising?

From: TheEdge (TheEdge@amdyne.net)
Date: Fri Jan 23 1998 - 19:01:18 PST

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 03:01:18 -0000
From: "TheEdge" <TheEdge@amdyne.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Superthrive - False advertising?

Superthrive - False advertising?

     While I will not confirm or dispute the effectiveness of Superthrive, I
do wonder how the company avoids false advertising lawsuits and/or
penalties.
     The label claims that 50 hormones are in Superthrive, yet only one,
NAA, is actually listed as an ingredient.
     This hormone does indeed promote growth in plants. I do not think that
there even are 50 plant hormones, and if there are, I doubt I have ever seen
a list of 50 hormones that are applied to plants to enhance growth.
     Does anybody know what the mystery 49 hormones are?

Matt - TheEdge@amdyne.net