Various

From: Ide Laurent (ide@arcadis.be)
Date: Sun Jan 25 1998 - 03:48:44 PST

Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 12:48:44 +0100
From: Ide Laurent <ide@arcadis.be>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Various

Hi list

First of all, thanks for the numerous answers about B. liniflora.

Someone was talking about D. scorpioides sending a new, red root to the soil.
This is normal, I have the same phenomenon here at home, and I've seen the
same by another grower. I asked him if I could cut the first 'trunk', but it's
not a good idea.

Yesterday I finally discovered a surprise from my Nepenthes 'ventricosa'
burkei. This plant has sent new vines, as the first one is 'falling' from the
pot, and this is the reason why - as it has been frequently explained these
last days. I've tried to make some 'aerial cuttings', attaching a bag of wet
peat on the mother vine, and trying to see if some roots has came in, I saw at
the top my first Nepenthes flower. I guess the new conditions for the plant -
growing over an heating source for now - have helped for this.

Now, I'm unable to see until now if this will be male or female flowers, but
anyone who have, in Europe, pollen or a female flower should keep my message
in mind. It's for the next days.

Laurent in Belgium.