Re: Heliamphora pollen wanted !

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Fri Jan 30 1998 - 15:22:00 PST

Date:    Fri, 30 Jan 98 18:22 EST
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Heliamphora pollen wanted !

Dear Kamil,

> my Heliamphora heterodoxa will be blooming at first. I'm looking
> for fresh
> pollen from arbitrary Heliamphora species for exchange.

   You can make true to species seed by selfing your plant. I
know Heliamphora can be selfed, but they wouldn't self-pollinate
themselves, you must help.

> How long is Heliamphora\264s pollen live?

   Depends on the conditions, in this case the packaging. Dry it
out in the fridge, cold and dry are the best conditions for most
pollen. Otherwise it will mold. Once dry, mail it in the same
manner you would seed.

Dave Evans