Re[2]: label markers?

From: BREWER_CHARLES@ecomail.damneck.navy.mil
Date: Mon Feb 02 1998 - 09:52:46 PST

Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 12:52:46 -0500
From: BREWER_CHARLES@ecomail.damneck.navy.mil
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re[2]: label markers?

     try Charley's greenhouse supplies in Washington State. I use his
     markers with excellent results. They run about $3.00 each, but they
     have been the best yet. Also don't discount using a pencil. They never
     fade and seem to last as long as the label does unless you rub on the
     marker. I also use a silver paint pencil that you can get from any
     hobby shop or kmart. I don't know the name right off, but this silver
     paint pencil last for years.

jwallace@mail1.nai.net (Frederick John Wallace) writes:
>Does anyone have a marker for labels that lasts. I tried permanent ink
>and that fades, pen and pencil rub off... any advice appreciated.

I would be interested in this as well as i am currently growing a
Nepenthes I call N. "unknown" because the label faded beyond
legibility. I am currently using waxy pencils intended for marking
tiles and I'm happy with their durability but they do not have a
very fine point.