Re: label markers

From: Chris Marsden (Byway@compuserve.com)
Date: Tue Feb 03 1998 - 09:19:25 PST

Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 12:19:25 -0500
From: Chris Marsden <Byway@compuserve.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: label markers

Jon, and I guess this is of interest to all,

there was a discussion about marking labels on the Aroid-L a while ago, a=
nd
there I picked up the following tips:

o To read faded labels read them under UV light (but obviously be careful=
!)

o To remove marker pen use nail varnish remover (acetone)

o The best pen to use is 'Sharpie' extra permanent industrial marker. I g=
ot
mine from a flower show in the UK but I gather it is also available in th=
USA. It has lasted in sun and rain for years with no fading, it has a fin=
tip and is easy to write with and read. It is expensive, but it is worth =
it
(mine cost I think 4 GBP).

Kindest Regards,

Toby

Toby Marsden

--
-------
Orleton Manor, Orleton, LUDLOW, Salop, SY8 4HR, England