mini D. capensis?

From: Mike (mvogl@webaccess.net)
Date: Mon Feb 09 1998 - 11:03:24 PST

Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 19:03:24 +0000
From: Mike <mvogl@webaccess.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: mini D. capensis?

Is there such a thing as a miniature D. capensis?

I ask because I have a plant (which came from a pot from Cal. Carnivores
labeled as 'D. unidentified') that looks and acts EXACTLY like D.
capensis, except for the fact that its leaf blade and petiole have a
combined length of only 1"!
I know it is not just young, because I have been growing it for several
months now; during this time it has thrived, and grown just as FAST as
my other sundews, just not increased in size.
I don't know how to describe it's appearance other than to say it looks
just like a regular D. cap: right down to the scaly stem it has formed.

I have not seen it flower yet (which would obviously answer the
question), so any other help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, the pot of D. unidentified contained two Drosera species (the other
was an unspectacular rossetted plant), so I'm not sure which the
'unidentified' was refering to.

Thanks-

-Jonathan Mitchell