Spring arrives in Dallas

From: Danny Hammons (dannyh@onramp.net)
Date: Wed Feb 11 1998 - 16:00:57 PST

Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 18:00:57 -0600
From: Danny Hammons <dannyh@onramp.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Spring arrives in Dallas

Hello all. Just wanted to let you know that spring has arrived in Dallas.
A couple of weeks ago, one of my S. leucophyllas sent up a flower stalk. I
was at first alarmed, as it was still January. However, since then, all
but a couple of my S. alatas have sent up flower stalks; my S. rubra is
sending one up; the D. Binatas are getting ready to bloom; the D.
intermedias are coming out of dormancy; a couple of hybrid VFTs have
produced flower stalks; and hundreds of D. intermedia seedlings have burst
to life in my sphagnum bogs. Needless to say, I'm excited about a new
growing season getting under way......(perhaps arriving a little early
thanks to El Nino).
I've started taking pictures and am currently redesigning my homepage for a
new season. I hope to have it up and running in the next week. I'll drop
back in with my web address when in it's ready!

Good Growing,

Danny