Re: How best to package CP's when selling?

From: Wim Leys (Wim.Leys@vlm.be)
Date: Thu Feb 12 1998 - 00:38:29 PST

Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 09:38:29 +0100
From: Wim Leys <Wim.Leys@vlm.be>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: How best to package CP's when selling?

Dear Andrew

> Can anyone give me ideas on how best to package CP's to put in the
> post when selling them? I want to mainly start selling off some off
> my Sarracenia and Darlingtonia - the plants range in size from
> seedlings to mature plants.

I have received CP's in very good health that were sandwiched between
damp Sphagnum, put into a plastic bag and packaged in a diskette box.

Another way that worked well is to take some kitchen roll paper, put the
seedlings with their roots between the sheets, put it into a plastic bag
and add some rain water. Seal the bag, including some air. Put all the
bags in one plastic bag and seal that one too, including some air, so it
fits nicely in a box. The air will provide the plants with protection
against shocks and insulate them.

Kind regards
Wim