Lowrie's '97/'98 catalog

From: Glenn Rankin (rankin@saiph.hpl.hp.com)
Date: Thu Feb 12 1998 - 08:47:42 PST

Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 8:47:42 PST
From: Glenn Rankin <rankin@saiph.hpl.hp.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Lowrie's '97/'98 catalog

Hello list,

The text of the new catalog is available from the listserver. To get a
copy send the one line message >get cp cat.lowrie< to
listserv@opus.hpl.hp.com. The file is just over 40kB.

Lowrie offers the most extensive selection of commercially available
CP seeds that I am aware of, but be forewarned that many species are
notoriously hard to germinate. As time goes on, and as he (and we)
learn more about what works, better yields can be expected.

He offers tropical (Australian) drosera plants "up to February", but
it is not clear whether he means the beginning, the end, or somewhere
in the middle of the month. Tubers from Australian tuberous Drosera
are available till March. Gemmae from pygmy Drosera must be ordered by
April. His CP seeds are available year round. He also offers seeds and
tubers of Australian and non-Australian terrestrial orchids.

Glenn Rankin
rankins@ix.netcom.com