Re: Slack's CP Book

From: CMcdon0923@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 13 1998 - 17:24:06 PST

Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 20:24:06 EST
From: CMcdon0923@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Slack's CP Book

<< I had an internet bookstore search for the book written by Slack entitled
"Carnivorous Plants" and they were able to find it. Unfortunatly they are
charging $114.50 for it! I guess this explaines why the City of Phoenix
library's three copies of the book are all listed as "lost". Does anybody
know of a cheaper source for this book? >>

>From my understanding, it is rather difficult to find. I got my copy about 6
months ago through Collins' Books, and it cost me US $95. They had searched
for 6 months for a copy for another person, who passed on it. I jumped at it!
Expensive, yes, but a true joy to read.