Return of the Son of Superthrive

From: MARK POGANY (MARKP@CRSCMS.COM)
Date: Fri Feb 13 1998 - 23:21:07 PST

Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 02:21:07 -0500
From: MARK POGANY <MARKP@CRSCMS.COM>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Return of the Son of Superthrive

>4. Does the legendary "Superthrive" really exist? I have gone from
Wal-Marts
>to super-specialized nurseries asking about it but no one knows what it
i>s!!! Is there any place in Virginia that sells it?

I've only been using this stuff since 1996 and the only thing that I can
attest to is that superthrive DOES help out quite a bit with transplant
stress. I use a capful per gallon of water and soak the roots of
whatever I'm potting up in it for an hour or so. The plants seem to
recover much quicker using it. I've noticed NO other differences, such
as enhanced growth or pitcher production.

The two places that I know carry it are California Carnivores (a link to
them is in the CP Archive page), and Marie Selby Botanical Gardens in
Sarasota, FL. (they also have a homepage).

You might want to consider getting yourself a bottle, if not for the
supposed results then for the GARISH snake oil label. A true piece of
cheesy marketing Americana!

Mark Pogany
Cleveland, Ohio

markp@crscms.com