Re: SLACK'S BOOKS

From: Andreas Wistuba (andreas@wistuba.com)
Date: Sun Feb 15 1998 - 00:08:37 PST

Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 08:08:37 +0000
From: "Andreas Wistuba" <andreas@wistuba.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: SLACK'S BOOKS

On 14 Feb 98 at 17:02, AL850R wrote:

> I have both books written by Slack and published in 1979, 1986. I
> bought these at the library for $10.00 each. I don't see why they
> are priced so high?

I'd call $10.00 for one of his great books _very_ cheap considering
how many people are trying to get a copy. Both books are great and
many people certainly would like to pay much more to get one of them.
The German translation of his first book was priced more than DM
100,- (more than $50) originaly and this certainly was not too
expensive.

Andreas

Andreas Wistuba; Mudauer Ring 227; 68259 Mannheim; Germany
Phone: +49-621-705471 / +49-621-7152027
Fax: +49-621-7152028

E-Mail: andreas@wistuba.com