Drosera adelae flowering

From: Stefan Sehnbruch (Stefan.Sehnbruch@t-online.de)
Date: Sun Feb 15 1998 - 14:26:24 PST

Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 23:26:24 +0100
From: Stefan.Sehnbruch@t-online.de (Stefan Sehnbruch)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Drosera adelae flowering

Hi everyone,

I think I need some help about my Drosera adelae.
It is flowering and I want to collect seed from it.
I never had problems about that with my other Droseras (capensis,
binata, aliciae).
The problem is, that the flowers have dried yet, but the ovary does not
enlarge, as it is usual on D.capensis or D.binata, so I am not sure if
the plants will develop any seed.
Do I have to pollinate it manually or does it need cross pollination
between two plants?
I usually do not pollinate my other Droseras manually.

Thanks in advance

--
Stefan Sehnbruch
Gelsenkirchen, Germany

--- Experience is quite useful, --- normally you have it a short time after you needed it !