Re: Speaking of TC

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Mon Feb 16 1998 - 19:47:00 PST

Date:    Mon, 16 Feb 98 22:47 EST
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Speaking of TC

Hello Carl!

> Speaking of green (anthocyanin free) plants. Does anyone have a green
> Sarracenia minor for sale or trade? Also, anyone have any knowledge of any
> green plants other than below?

Yes, I have a green N.albomarginata. BTW, now that I have been keeping
it drier, it has been growing much faster and is producing traps on a
more regular schedule than before. The pitchers on this species last
for an amazingly long time! I haven't checked to see if it's just green
(no normal red coloration, but not anthocyanin-free) or all-green (antho-
free). I'm not sure if the 'poke a hole in the pitcher/leaf' test
for Sarracenia will give reliable data in Nepenthes....

Dave Evans