VFT strange occurance

From: Dreyseth@aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 18 1998 - 17:48:38 PST

Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 20:48:38 EST
From: Dreyseth@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: VFT strange occurance

I have been growing some basic CP's for about four years now, and have never
before seen the following occurance:
One recent day, a spider was trapped by one of my Venus Flytraps, but it was
only half inside the trap, its back half was sticking out. The next day I
discovered that the trap had folded over or rolled onto itself along the
length of the trap.
Now, rather than the spider's exposed abdomen protruding out into the air, it
is nearly sandwiched within the outer layer of the trap.
The trap appears healthy and undamaged from such a contortion, and I anxiously
wait to see if it will be able to fully unfold and reform into a viable trap
again.
Has anyone else witnessed extra trap folding besides the usual mechanism?

-Kerry Tyler