CP Of Australia Vol 1

From: Roberto Devoti (roberto@caronte.mt.asi.it)
Date: Mon Feb 23 1998 - 02:42:02 PST

Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 11:42:02 +0100
From: Roberto Devoti <roberto@caronte.mt.asi.it>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: CP Of Australia Vol 1

Hi all,

Derek Glidden wrote:

> It's called "Supply and demand." If you're willing to only pay
> cover price, and I'm willing to pay $150, guess who the owner of the
> book is going to sell it to? :)

This are marketing rules. As far as I know the only source for getting
Lowrie's Vol. 1 is Colin Clayton at Triffid Park, a CP supplier in
Australia. I met Colin Clayton last July and he has a number of new soft and

hard cover books. But you have to pay 1000 AU$ for one copy!
This is the current price for that book. I asked him: who is willing to pay
so much? and he said that japanese are good customers...
Nevertheless if you are on the way to Australia you can try to negotiate the

price directly and perhaps you can obtain a cash discount! ...sob...

--
Roberto Devoti
 Telespazio SpA

Work Phone: +39-6-40793329 FAX: +39-6-40796202 e-mail: roberto@caronte.mt.asi.it