Re: Peter D.

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Wed Mar 04 1998 - 14:57:00 PST

Date:    Wed, 04 Mar 98 17:57 EST
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Peter D.

Comment: I tried to send this a couple days ago, but it has come back!

Hello Peter,

> I don't know if Mr. Evan's comments on the publication of
> cultivars and
> laziness were directed to me, for if he knew me, he would certainly
> know I am far from being a lazy person.

   Actually, no those comments aren't directed at you. I'm just a
satisfied customer of your shop, California Carnivores. But thank's
for all that info on the status of your plants and why some growers,
like you, may wait to name a plant. I'm glad to see that many messages
have been generated on this subject and that people are learning what
to do, and hopefully what not to do (ie. name something N.Splendiana.)
I just felt there was some breakdown in communications on this subject
(whether it be on the side of the growers not being thorough enough,
or the more scientifically endowed CPer's who can offer help/knowledge,
or both) that it really needed to be straightened out within the CP
communtiny. Looking at all these messages back and forth on this
subject, I see there was indeed a lot of confusion and misinformation
on cultivars going around.
   But now if someone asks, I can can give them the *correct* answers
and not, "Well I don't really know..." Thank's go out to Jan for
fielding so many questions so thoroughly!

> does not, to me, mean that they are "published". Since I am a strong
> supporter of the Society, I will be publishing these plants in The
> Newsletter, as they become available, and I urge others to do so as
> well.

   Sounds great!

Good Growing,
Dave Evans