Re: A few things...

From: CALIFCARN (CALIFCARN@aol.com)
Date: Tue Mar 10 1998 - 12:56:07 PST

Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 15:56:07 EST
From: CALIFCARN <CALIFCARN@aol.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: A few things...

Greetings folks, Peter here in SUNNY California. The weather's been dry so
I've been hard at work in the greenhouse, and its been a few days since I've
read this chat line. Just a couple of points. Sorry Jan, didn't mean to
offend you with the "religious fanatic" comment; it was meant as a joke, but
my choice of metaphor was perhaps bad. And thank you Dave Evans for your nice
comments about our plants, I was in a bad mood over this cultivar business
when I asked if your "laziness" comments were directed to me. I was rather
defensive.
      Trent commented on a fab Nepenthes he bought from us that I believe was
called N. thorelli JAM X (X superba mixta). Yes it is a handsome devil.
The original cutting came years ago from Leo Song. The JAM stands for Joe
Mazrimas, and merely indicated who's plant was used in the cross. The
"superba mixta" also confused me, and is probably X mixta superba, but that's
what was on the tag so I just left it. I don't know if Leo did the cross
originally or not. Perhaps he can fill us in. The plant has that spectacular
purple undersided lid, which caught Marilee's attention, I recall, when we
visited Leo. Th-th-th-th-that's all folks! Peter