Re: Re: CP Deep dark pete

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Mon Mar 16 1998 - 14:02:00 PST

Date:    Mon, 16 Mar 98 17:02 EST
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Re: CP Deep dark pete

> Saw some results of dark peat on Venus, although The plant looks
> healthy, The Red Dragon whos branches were 5 inches plus, they were not
> strong enough to lift the trap up. Looking for the chemical or nutriment
> to add to the peat, plus the dilution to add to one gallon of water. Said
> Dragon branches were ruby red. Looking for strong steams.

Randall and List,

   I have noticed cv. 'Red Dragon' isn't quite as robust as some other
red clones of VFT. It has the most red of any of these red clones
though! So far, I've haven't had much luck growing any VFT from seed,
and every year I loose lots of inbred and cross-bred seedlings. Could
someone describe how they raise VFT seedlings w/o using TC.

Thank-you,
Dave Evans