New/Old Member Introduction

From: DOUGLAS ATLAS/JMC98 (atlas1@jeflin.tju.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 17 1998 - 11:36:08 PST

Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 14:36:08 -0500 (EST)
From: DOUGLAS ATLAS/JMC98 <atlas1@jeflin.tju.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: New/Old Member Introduction

Hello,

My name is Doug Atlas and I recently rejoined this group. I originally
joined waaaay back in 1991, but have been offline for the past several
years. I have been growing CP for about 12 years. I gave away the bulk
of my collection a few years ago, keeping just two small terraria of
Nepenthes (about 20 plants) and a few other species. The nepenthes have
survived well despite relative neglect. Now that spring is in the air (in
the northern hemisphere) and I have a some leisure time, I am trying to
get back into the CP swing.

I was cleaning out my closet and found some leftover sarracenia seed from
1992...I suspect the chances for germination are low but have gone ahead
and sown them...hoping a few hardy embryos will sprout.

I look forward to sharing CP ideas and info with you all.

Doug Atlas
atlas1@jeflin.tju.edu