Gemmaes

From: Susan Ziegler (sziegler@icon-stl.net)
Date: Fri Mar 20 1998 - 10:57:54 PST

Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 12:57:54 -0600
From: Susan Ziegler <sziegler@icon-stl.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Gemmaes

I just recently received some gemmaes and put them on top of a layer of
peat and covered the tray with plastic wrap. I was away for a week and
left them unattended, hoping that the plastic wrap would keep them all
damp. I was incorrect, for when I came back, two of the three trays were
dry -- the peat in them was a light color instead of the usual damp dark
peat color. I immediately watered them and replaced the plastic wrap so
that it clinged to the trays better.. the tray that was wet has many
sprouts in it, whereas the others have none. Is there any way that the
gemmaes in the dried out trays have survived?

Susan Ziegler