Rockwool

From: Mike (mvogl@webaccess.net)
Date: Tue Mar 24 1998 - 07:49:40 PST

Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 15:49:40 +0000
From: Mike <mvogl@webaccess.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Rockwool

Just to ship in my two cents, rockwool is available here in Colorado in
little teeny cubes, used for hydroponics and seeds, and is sold at most
local garden centers.
I have also seen it sold as "spun rock fibers" in the orchid sections of
a large greenhouse here in Denver; it was in big clumps and was
apparently supposed to be used to mount epiphytes.

I have been looking for New Zealand sphagnum moss; the really good
(expensive!) pale stuff that is sold for use with orchids. If anyone who
needs rockwool has access to this, perhaps a trade would be good?

Hope this helps-

-Jonathan Mitchell, CO