Palmengarten is NOT = Botanical Garden

From: SCHLAUER@chemie.uni-wuerzburg.de
Date: Thu Mar 26 1998 - 09:57:35 PST

Date:          Thu, 26 Mar 1998 09:57:35
From: SCHLAUER@chemie.uni-wuerzburg.de
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject:       Palmengarten is NOT = Botanical Garden

Dear Stefan and John,

> if you are going to fly from Frankfurt, I'd recommend you to visit the
> botanical garden (Palmengarten) in Frankfurt. There are large tropical
> greenhouses and even a little greenhouse with CP.

These greenhouses are in the Palmengarten (entrance DM 5,-). This
institution is NOT identical with the Botanical Garden (entrance
free), which is situated in the immediate vicinity of the
Palmengarten. In the Botanical Garden (Botanischer Garten) you can
see plants growing outdoors in the temperate zone (no greenhouses
open to the public, no cps exhibited, nevertheless a nice
collection - if the weather is fine, which is rare in Germany!).

Kind regards
Jan