CP's of Australia vol.1 reprint

From: SCT RFCS (SCTRFCS@aol.com)
Date: Fri Mar 27 1998 - 09:07:31 PST

Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 12:07:31 EST
From: SCT RFCS <SCTRFCS@aol.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: CP's of Australia vol.1 reprint

To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subj: CP's of Australia vol.1 reprint

To those who have contacted me regarding obtaining a copy of this book, as of
this date I have received requests for 86 copies.

Given that a number of enthusiasts (including Allen Lowrie) do not use the
internet, I have arranged to advertise this 'project' via the various CP
societies and their newsletters. Because of my usual imperfect timing the
next bulletin issue for some of the groups will not be circulated until July.
With this in mind I intend to make August 1st, 1998 the deadline for receiving
requests.

Whatever the final number of copies turns out to be, it would seem logical
that the publisher will want to run additional copies for distribution to
their booksellers.

I have discussed this project with the owner of a technical bookstore here in
Los Alamos, NM. She is willing to handle the purchase and distribution of the
books and is well set up to advertise to other groups such as universities and
government agencies. It is my understanding that her profit is normally
obtained from the publisher level and is usually around 5%. This might be the
best route to pursue for those of us who reside in the USA. Several of the
overseas groups plan to bulk ship directly to their country as well.

I have appreciated the support and kind comments received from those who have
contacted me regarding this issue. I will report again on the status of this
initiative when appropriate.

Sincerely,

Bob Sheppard, Los Alamos, NM.