RE: cockroaches

From: Semanchuk, Phil J (pjs20347@glaxowellcome.com)
Date: Mon Apr 13 1998 - 06:41:02 PDT

Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 09:41:02 -0400
From: "Semanchuk, Phil J" <pjs20347@glaxowellcome.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: cockroaches

> Can you feed them to CP's? Does the VFT have enough
> force and digestive enzimes to trap an addult
> cockroach?

I don't know where you live, but here in Durham NC we are not particularly
known for our cockroach size and yet I can't see any CP (except maybe a
Nepenthes?) being big enough to successfully digest an adult cockroach.
They're just too big for a VFT and all but the largest pitcher plants. Small
roaches are just like any other insect with the standard warnings against
overfeeding a particluar trap.

Hope this helps,
Phil