Introduction

From: Patty Petzel (petzelp@gw.lbcc.cc.or.us)
Date: Tue Apr 14 1998 - 15:12:16 PDT

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 14:12:16 -0800
From: Patty Petzel <petzelp@gw.lbcc.cc.or.us>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject:  Introduction

Hi Group,
   I've been on this list for a couple of months and think it's time
I introduce myself. I'm Patty Petzel from Corvallis, Oregon. I work
for a Community College prepping labs for the Biology Dept. I've been
seriously growing CPs for about 15 years. My Sarracenias,
Darlingtonias, Dionaea and some Drosera live outside year round in
artificial bogs. The "bogs" are 150-400 gallon tanks on which float
styrofoam coolers with slits cut into them and filled with peat/sand.
 Live sphagnum grows abundantly over the soil surface and in the
oldest tank it has covered the water and is firming up like a real
quaking bog. The Darlingtonias are quite healthy but not as tall as
in the wild. I have a few Neps and several Droseras and Cephalotus,
etc. which live in a greenhouse during the winter.
   A comment about markers. I find a grease pencil, or china marker
the best for not fading away in sun and weather as other markers have
done.
Patty Petzel