nepenthes question

From: Chris Greene (CGREENE@MAIL.INDYZOO.com)
Date: Wed Apr 15 1998 - 05:24:07 PDT

Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 07:24:07 -0500
From: Chris Greene <CGREENE@MAIL.INDYZOO.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: nepenthes  question

Hello every body,
My name is Chris Greene, a tropical gardener at the Indianapolis Zoo.
I've been a member of the list for a few months, and I've learned a lot
about CP's from everybody here. We would like to set up a collection of
CP's here for teaching purposes here at our zoo and are slowly building
our collection at this time. My question is, recently we received 2
Nepenthes cuttings,
N.alata and another called N.x maxima. Is this a natural hybrid, or is
it a species? I've seen it listed as both in books, but I don't know
it's parentage or growing needs as these are the first Neps In our
collection. Any help and info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Christopher J. Greene
Tropical Gardener
Indianapolis Zoo
1200 W. Washington St.