Re: Nep environment

From: Necropsy69 (Necropsy69@aol.com)
Date: Wed Apr 15 1998 - 13:07:21 PDT

Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 16:07:21 EDT
From: Necropsy69 <Necropsy69@aol.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Nep environment

>What is the average temperature and relative humidity in your growing areas
(Tanks, greenhouse,tables)

Well, it depends on the nepenthes. For the highland species, it's best to keep
the temperatures around 60-65 degrees, and for the lowlands, try to keep the
temperatures around 70-80 degrees. Also, make sure you don't mix up the
highland species with the lowland species, because the temperatures you keep
the lowlands in may be too high for the highlands to grow properly in.

>What method(s) do you use to keep the humidity high enough for
>your Neps. The reason why I ask this is bacause my relative humidity
>around 40% @ a temp. of 71 deg.F. I think the humidity is kind of low.
>Some of the pitchers on my Neps. are drying up and turning brown.

The humidity is definately low. If you want to increase the humidity, spray
the plants. If that doesn't work, just fill the pitchers up with distilled
water, and that should keep the pitchers from dying. If you have any
questions, let me know.

Bye