Re: Celsius to Fahrenheit Conversion

From: Robert L Hanrahan (k4zd@juno.com)
Date: Wed Apr 22 1998 - 13:57:45 PDT

Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 16:57:45 EDT
From: k4zd@juno.com (Robert L Hanrahan)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Celsius to Fahrenheit Conversion

Hi Guys,

I was extremely impressed with Jose's temperature conversion analysis.
Over the years, I've used a real simple "ball park" calculation that
anyone
can do in microseconds to go from Celsius (C) to Fahrenheit (F) or F to
C.
While it's not a perfect calculation at all (especially at low or
elevated
temperatures), it's not that far off if your looking for reference
ranges.

Simply take the C reading, double it, and then add 30. Thus, 10 deg. C
becomes 50 deg. F. Twenty deg. C is quickly determined to be 70 deg.
F (vs. actual calculated of 68 deg. F). As you go below or above 10 deg.

C, slight errors are injected into the calculation. To go from F to C,
just
subtract 30 from the F reading and halve the result. Therefore, 90 deg.
F becomes..............You do the calculations. Not too shabby , eh?

BCNU Again-Bob Hanrahan
in Beautiful "Powder Springs, GA"