Re: fuzz in terranium

From: Ron Schlosser (rons@earthworld.com)
Date: Sun Apr 26 1998 - 20:48:38 PDT

Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 19:48:38 -0800
From: Ron Schlosser <rons@earthworld.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: fuzz in terranium

Doug and others.

Only the ORNAMENTAL label of Benlate (Benomyl) has been removed. It is still
available with the agricultural use label. That means you can legally spray
Benlate on the labeled vegetables but not your ornamentals near by.

There are a few fungicides that list Dionea on the label and one is Daconil.
This is a VERY good broad spectrum fungicide that can treat a number of
diseases on ornamentals, lawns, vegetables, and fruit trees. I will check on
the others and report to the group, but most of them are only available in
large (4 pound or greater) quantities. Daconil is available in small pint and
quart sizes. I spray it on all of my Sarracenias, Dioneas, and Darlingtonia
with no problems, don't treat Droseras, they loose the "dew" but will recover.
 I spray the plants just before bringing them in side for the winter, and I
spray the ones out side several times to stop the red blotches on the
pitchers.

Ron Schlosser