You Find 'em In the Wierdest Places......

From: CMcdon0923 (CMcdon0923@aol.com)
Date: Mon Apr 27 1998 - 19:53:30 PDT

Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 22:53:30 EDT
From: CMcdon0923 <CMcdon0923@aol.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: You Find 'em In the Wierdest Places......

Hello List,

I have been scouring the nurseries here in the Dallas TX area for the past few
weeks, searching for the Spring crop of CP, to no avail. Just the normal
VFTs.

So, last week my wife and I traveled out to Fort Davis (deep in SW Texas) to
attend the 20th Annual Texas Star Party, a gathering of amateur astronomy
hobbyists, held under some of the darkest skies in the US.

In Fort Davis, we saw a small nursery selling "catus and native
plants".....remember, this area is mountain desert. My wife said that perhaps
they would have some CP for me. My reply was basically; "Yeah right, we're
in the middle of a desert!". So we stopped in. By the checkout counter, was
a small group of your typical commercial CP, in 3-inch pots....VFT and S.
purpurea! I picked out the two healthiest purpurea (sic?), at $3.99 each.

Go figure!

Craig McDonald
Frisco, Texas