Wierd message

From: CPimages (cpimages@InfoAve.Net)
Date: Mon Apr 27 1998 - 20:22:24 PDT

Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 22:22:24 -0500
From: CPimages <cpimages@InfoAve.Net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Wierd message

We're getting a strange message in between other messages that reads
"Hi! I'm a .signature virus (mutant version), copy me to your .signature
file to join in." It showed up a few days ago, and is back tonight,
appearing twice in the chatline. Is anyone else getting this? I'd like
to download the chats to a floppy so Carl can save them but sure don't
want to catch a virus. We're running Dr. Solomon's AntiVirus Software,
but the best defense against any virus is not to download it, right? Is
this message a virus or am I misunderstanding it? Please explain.
Thanks. Sherry Taylor, Carl's wife