Re: CP FAQ

From: Michael (chambe58@pilot.msu.edu)
Date: Tue May 05 1998 - 06:18:55 PDT

Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 09:18:55 -0400
From: Michael <chambe58@pilot.msu.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: CP FAQ

At 06:24 PM 5/4/98 -0700, you wrote:

>I am in the process of redesigning the FAQ for carnivorous plants. The
>increased load on the FAQ has required that I streamline it significantly
>so it loads as quickly as possible.
>
>If anyone has favorite questions they think are not being addressed in the
>FAQ, please email them to me.

Hi Barry,

For the FAQ, how about a discussion of the introduction of exotic (and
native) cp species into local wetlands?

Last weekend I was in Florida, my first real botanizing trip in the
Southeast. I was driving along in the Apalachicola National Forest, and
decided to pull off the road at a random spot to check out some S. flava
pitchers in the distance. When I got out of the car I was startled to find
myself standing in a patch of Dionaea! The plants were well established
all along the side of the road.

Michael Chamberland
Assistant Curator
Michigan State University Herbarium