RE: CP germination (and anthocyanin free Darlingtonia)

From: Wim Leys (Wim.Leys@vlm.be)
Date: Fri May 08 1998 - 00:38:04 PDT

Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 09:38:04 +0200
From: Wim Leys <Wim.Leys@vlm.be>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: CP germination (and anthocyanin free Darlingtonia)

 Dear David and list,

> I thought I would post to the list the results that Wim got germinating
> the seeds I sent out in January.

> Wim, did you stratify the seed? It would be nice to compare germination
> percentages for someone who did and someone who didn't stratify the
> seed.

I have posted the way I sow frost resistant CP's - Sarracenia,
Darlingtonia, VFT, Drosera - in CP digest 1419 of 16 April 1998,
"anthocyanin free Darlingtonia germination".

As I wrote in that message I would have loved to hear from other people
how they sow their seeds and the resulting germination rate, so we could
make a comparison. I also know that things that work for one person, not
necessarily work for someone else. So the way I described may very well
be useless for someone living in another climate.

I received a number of private replies, but none about the way they
sowed their seeds.

Kind regards
Wim