Re: Tuberous Droseras and sunlight

From: L235 (L235@aol.com)
Date: Tue May 19 1998 - 07:20:26 PDT

Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 10:20:26 EDT
From: L235 <L235@aol.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re:  Tuberous Droseras and sunlight

Erik van Zuilekom wrote about introducing tuberous (bulbous) Drosera species
to full sunlight. I've been debating outdoor culture for the few that I grow:
D. auriculata, D. ramellosa and D. whittakeri. Anyone's experience with full-
sunlight/outdoor culture for these or other tuberous species would be
appreciated! (Public replies best ... give everyone the benefit of your
experience).

I currently grow all three species in a six inch pot in my garage. Door
windows receive eastnortheast sunlight .. so they get about an hour of morning
sun, then indirect sunlight for the rest of the day. The plants (along with
various specimens of D. cistiflora) seem to enjoy the treatment, but I'd
prefer to grow them outdoors, in full sun, with my Sarracenia and ostensibly
hardier(?) Drosera species (D. regia, D. intermedia, D. capillaris, D.
breviolia, D. binata, etc.)

Jay Lechtman (L235@aol.com)
Reston, Virginia, USA