Re: Seeds and stems

From: Glenn Rankin (rankin@saiph.hpl.hp.com)
Date: Wed May 20 1998 - 16:56:11 PDT

Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 16:56:11 PDT
From: Glenn Rankin <rankin@saiph.hpl.hp.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Seeds and stems

Hi Doug,

> defined as: 'Few-flowered'. Does this species self-pollinate like most
> Drosera I wonder? Would love to try out this one sometime if you ever
> have any seed to sell.

Last year I had flowering in two plants that came from the same parent
(multiple sprouts from the dormant root system). By cross pollinating
them I was able to get viable seed.

Unfortunately, I don't have any seed this year. Very early this spring
multiple plants were putting up flower stalks when the pot was knocked
over and broken. The transplanting was enough shock to set back the
plants and abort all the flowers.

Glenn Rankin (San Francisco Bay area)