Re:Byblis rorida

From: Jens Rotthauwe (uzsb09@uni-bonn.de)
Date: Mon May 25 1998 - 08:36:29 PDT

Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 17:36:29 +0200
From: "Jens Rotthauwe" <uzsb09@uni-bonn.de>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re:Byblis rorida

>Where'd this come from!?!? I've only ever heard of the other 2. When did
>this one get described? Where is it from? etc etc etc.

Allen Lowrie published a taxonomic revision of the genus Byblis in
Nuytsia 12(1):59-74(1998).

In short:
Byblis liniflora ssp. occidentalis is now Byblis filifolia
Byblis liniflora "Darwin" is now Byblis aquatica
Byblis liniflora ssp. liniflora is now Byblis liniflora
Byblis rorida is described for the first time. It differs from the others by
having
sessile glands.

Kind regards
Jens