Re: Cranberries (Off Topic?)

From: C. J. Mazur (ccp@vaxxine.com)
Date: Sun May 31 1998 - 19:49:06 PDT

Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 22:49:06 -0400
From: "C. J. Mazur" <ccp@vaxxine.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Cranberries (Off Topic?)

Hello all,

Jay Lechtman and Carl Mazur here, in lovely Ontario Canada. We just got
back from a bog trip/near tornado miss/near lightning strike expedition into
some bogs in South Central Ontario. And we both can say, quite certainly,
after having a cranberry spitting contest, that they do indeed grow with S.
purpurea, at least here in Ontario anyway (Jay also says they do in the bogs
in the the New Jersey Pinebarrens). Other plants of interest we saw, and
typically are found with CP species are, High and Low bush blue berries,
leather leaf, Labrador Tea, as well as many orchid species. We saw Arethusa
bulbosa and Cypripedium acaule today too. Just another note we also saw D.
rotundifolia, D. intermedia, D. anglica, D. intermedia x D. rotundifolia,
purpurea ssp purpurea f. heterophylla, and purpurea ssp purpurea f. rosea
(yet to formally described)

Actually all the above is true, however, not too sure about the tornado yet,
it was not confirmed by environment Canada, however, as we layed prostrate
on the ground watching debris flying by, we think there must have been
something close. BTW, horseflies hurtled at 110km/h feels like hail!

Best Regards,
Carl J. Mazur
Cherryhill Carnivorous Plants
Ontario Canada
http://www.vaxxine.com/ccphome

"To grow old is manditory... to grow up is optional"