School children happy

From: Dennis Wilson (dennis@guymon.tebtc.com)
Date: Tue Jun 02 1998 - 17:37:03 PDT

Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 17:37:03 -0700
From: Dennis Wilson <dennis@guymon.tebtc.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: School children happy

Hello everyone,

Just thought I'd drop a short note to tell you about my children and
show and tell.
My daughter (Jodee) wanted to take a few CP's to school for show and
tell, so I finally agreed. She took a Cobra lily, a VFT and a sundew.
She took these for her class to see and I told her she could either feed
the VFT of trigger the trap. I guess after her class saw them all the
Fifth grade classes came to have a look.

The next day, not to be outdone by his sister, my son (Carson) wanted to
take CP's to school also. I sent a sundew, a VFT and a pitcher plant.
I also told him to either feed the VFT or trigger the trap.

Well anyway I guess about 150 students and teachers saw the plants and
one of the teachers contacted my wife and wants to bring the fifth grade
science class over this fall to see all my plants in the greenhouse. I
also have plumeria, bromeliads and hydroponic tomatoes.

Well as this is starting to get long, I will end it and say to everyone
that if you have small children CP's will make a good show and tell
item. I did lose the Cobra lily (it just up and croaked on me) but I
think it was probably worth it. I just wish I could have seen the kids
faces when they fed the VFT.

Take care everyone and good growing,
Dennis Wilson in Guymon OK where there are NO native CP's in the wild.