Growing CPs outdoors for the summer

From: CA (u1001126@warwick.net)
Date: Tue Jun 02 1998 - 22:09:15 PDT

Date: Wed, 03 Jun 1998 01:09:15 -0400
From: CA <u1001126@warwick.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Growing CPs outdoors for the summer

I was wondering if anyone has any experience growing CPs outdoors during
the summer. I'd like to start off with some plants that can be happy
growing outdoors (in pots) during our summers here in upstate New York
(zone 6). Temperatures range from 70-90F during the summer and it does
rain though with El Nino who knows what it will do. I live in the woods
so I have LOTS of potential meals flying around. I'm interested in
plants that can be brought inside for the winter (possibly in a
terrarium w/ lights) or put in the (unheated but under the house) garage
for hibernation. Are there any species or varieties that seem to do well
under these conditions? I have the room but not the knowledge and don't
want to kill my first try at CPs. Thanks!