Darlingtonia seeds

From: Emre Gurcan (egurcan@superonline.com)
Date: Sun Jun 07 1998 - 00:37:15 PDT

Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 10:37:15 +0300
From: egurcan@superonline.com (Emre Gurcan)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Darlingtonia seeds

This spring (mid April), I planted various Sarracenia, Darlingtonia and VFT
seeds. I had very good germination rates with Sarracenia flava, purpurea,
alata and rubra seeds. However, none of the Darlingtonia seeds germinated
and the VFT germination rate was quite low. They were all planted in the
same environment (peat moss+sphagnum moss with a cover to keep humidity
high) and all seeds were stratified in fridge for 3 months. The seeds were
purchased from the same source in Spring 1997 (one year ago). Any possible
reasons why the Cobra Lily and VFT seeds did not germinate?
Many thanks,