Re: live New Zealand sphagnum moss

From: BREWER_CHARLES@ecomail.damneck.navy.mil
Date: Mon Jun 08 1998 - 06:12:01 PDT

Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 09:12:01 -0400
From: BREWER_CHARLES@ecomail.damneck.navy.mil
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: live New Zealand sphagnum moss

Hi, does nayone here have some live New Zealand sphagnum moss for sale? I
need it badly for my cp in a outside propagator I am designing /
constructing. Let me know.
 Robert,
 I don't know a source of live New Zealand Sphagnum, but if you have a
Lowe's near you, they sell dried New Zealand moss. Just soak it in water
and plant it. It will grow again. I don't use it my self as it tends to go
bad rather fast. I do use it on the bottom of my pots to help hold the soil
in.
 New Zealand sphagnum does well in shaded areas. Something to keep in mind
when using it.
                            Charles