Hello, Introductions, Savage Garden

From: JDPDX@aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 15 1998 - 07:54:59 PDT

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 10:54:59 EDT
From: JDPDX@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Hello, Introductions, Savage Garden

Hello Fellow CP Enthusiasts,

Just wanted to give a brief introduction since I just joined the listserve.
My name is Jeff I'm from Portland, Oregon and I've been growing CP since about
1979. Like many of you this was a hobby that went out of control, and now I
sell plants I propagate at local farmer's markets here in the Portland area
during the summer months under my business name Sarracenia Northwest.

In addition to plant sales, I am a site supervisor for an outdoor school site
where sixth-grade students in the Portland area go for a week-long residential
field science experience. They learn basic ecology principles and the basics
in Botany, Wildlife Biology, Soil Science, and Fisheries biology.

I also wanted to mention that Peter D'Amato's book, The Savage Garden, is the
best book I've seen in a very long time on CP. I've already bought 5 copies
and I'm offering them for sale when I sell plants. It's a book that was truly
needed and is a wonderful guide for both the novice and experience grower.

Looking forward to contributing.

Jeff Dallas
Sarracenia Northwest
Portland, Oregon