Re: Surviving The Outside World...

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Tue Jun 16 1998 - 18:13:00 PDT

Date:    Tue, 16 Jun 98 21:13 EDT
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Surviving The Outside World...

Dear Richard,

> I've attempted at times to gradually open the terrarium up to allow the
> ambient atmosphere adjust as not to "shock" the plants all to much, but in
> turn do just the opposite! Most of my Drosera's loose their "dew" and start
> to lose their vigor and in the case of my D. multi binata wilt within 5
> minutes!...

   How is your terrarium sealed?

   In many species, new leaves will have to grow in the new environment
(reduced humidity) for the plants to be adjusted. However, you should
not be loosing so much dew from your plants in just minutes. Perhaps
you should start openning the terrarium at night when the humidity is
almost always higher...

Dave Evans